Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Buckets

I was challenged by some comments I heard by Rob Bell recently. Rob is the main teaching pastor at Mars Hill Church in Grandville, MI, and is also one of my favorite speakers. He talked about collecting ideas for his messages in what he calls "buckets." Buckets are any ideas that might spur thinking at some point in time. It might be this month, next month, or next year, but buckets should be logged somewhere and "seasoned" along the way. At some point they might become "chunks" and take shape towards a message or concept.

I hope to use this site to collect my buckets as well as challenge others to make deposits along the way. God intended for us to share life in community - I don't want to be limited by my own creative thoughts - my buckets would have very few drops in them - so I ask those of you who might read this blog to feel free to comment at any time. Feel free to challenge any thoughts or ideas, and most importantly, help to fill as many buckets as you can along the way.

It is my hope that through this process we can discover and experience Christ and what He has to teach us. I am a life long learner with the ultimate Teacher, for my Rabbi has an easy yoke, and He is asking us to follow.

No comments: