Monday, August 14, 2006

Simple. Day 2

Day 2 of our staff retreat is in the books. What a great day! We spent most of the morning reviewing our structure and making sure everyone was on the same page. Bryan has done a great job of communicating our mission and vision and also making sure that we have alignment throughout our structure. I know God provided the ideas, but it takes a special leader to implement His ideas to the fullest.

One of the coolest parts of the day was the "Hot Seat." I'm not talking about the toilet seat after a night of camp food, but a chair we each took turns sitting in. Once you were in the hot seat, everyone else had the opportunity to tell you what they appreciated about you. From outstanding characteristics, to positive attitudes, to changed lives, this was truly a special moment of the day for me, and I think I speak for the group when I say it impacted each and every one of us.

We capped off the day by welcoming our spouses, enjoying a hay ride, consuming the "chuckwagon" meal, sharing a few stories, singing a few songs, building a fire, confessing our fears to God, sharing communion, more singing and prayer. A truly wonderful wrap to a great two days. I thank God for the opportunity to share life with this group of people and look forward to the impact we will have on our community and beyond.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I am so glad that the meeting went well. I know it did great things for Debbie. I just hope that i one day to will experience some of the awesome spiritual things that went on. May God bless the leadership team at M.H. in the upcoming year.