Thursday, January 04, 2007

2007 Missouri Inaugural Ball

I had an amazing opportunity to perform at the 2007 Missouri Inaugural Ball in Jefferson City last night. I played with a big band through the course of the evening as all the representatives and senators were "announced" along with Governor Blunt. An interesting evening to say the least.

The crowd was an eclectic mix of young and old alike, but all of them enjoyed dancing all night long! I was accompanied by my wife who also enjoyed the evening. We stayed overnight at Candlewood Suites and I must say, I am very impressed by this chain of hotels. The suites included hard wood floors upon entry, a full kitchen including stove, refrigerator and dishwasher, a spacious living area with a lounge chair, and a nice HOT shower! I would highly recommend this place!

Two interesting side notes:

* The rotunda inside of the capitol has various sayings engraved into the stone. The one that caught my eye? The scripture from the message last weekend..."Where there is no vision, the people perish..."

* My wife had to go pick up a few items, and when she returned to the capitol building, there were absolutely NO parking spaces left. Security was tight, but after a quick phone call, she was allowed to pull up ON the sidewalk, across a small patch of grass, and finally parked near the steps right next to some columns. Might I say that it could possibly have been the BEST parking spot in Jeff City? And certainly CLOSE to the Capitol!

No comments: