Thursday, November 22, 2007

Merry Thanksgiving!!

I'm not sure why I've been calling it this...but a change of pace I suppose.

Today is Thanksgiving and we are at home watching the parade. My youngest, Emilee, has been captivated by this parade for the first time and she is actually watching most of it. Growing up, my mother and I always watched this parade every year - a great family tradition we are carrying on!

My wife, Melissa, and I took Emilee to the movie last night and afterwards we talked about Thanksgiving. I asked her what she was thankful for and her reply really blessed my heart. She first said she was thankful for her family and then for Santa (we've been asking her what she wants Santa to bring her) and then she paused, looked up at us and said, "And I'm also thankful for God." What a moment!

I hope this day finds you and your family well and as the title says, have a "Merry Thanksgiving!!"

1 comment:

The Cowboy's Mommy said...

What an awesome moment for a parent! I love hearing Emma pray and she's even started asking to pray for things. It makes me proud every time!