Wednesday, May 24, 2006

No Idols Before Me

It's finally over. From the never-ending clips of hopeful auditionees to the last note of the fifth American Idol winner, this season has been one of the best ever. I truly believe this season had some of the best talent ever.

Tonight's episode was one not to be missed. All 12 finalists were back, along with so many guest artists...they just kept coming and coming!! I loved the musical montage segments as well as the individual solos. I had forgotten much about those who had left the show earlier, but it wasn't hard to recognize that they needed to go. There was a HUGE disparity of talent from those who were voted off earlier and the last few finalists. It was very evident tonight.

It was also very evident that Chris Daughtry was by far one of the best vocalists, and as many I have talked to agree, he probably should have won. But that simply wasn't the case. In the end, the bubbly, entertaining, fun-loving and "just-can't-help-but-like-him" Taylor Hicks stole the show. I can't think of a better role model for young and old alike.

So that wraps up another year of Idol. Even though the Bible tells us to have "no other idols," this year's "idols" captured my attention, if even for a short time. Now that this season is over, it's time to get back to the real "idol." Hmmm...I wonder what Simon Cowell would have to say about my "idol?"

No comments: