Tuesday, June 06, 2006

J is for June

A quick update since I haven't posted for awhile;
*It's June already...I can hardly believe it!!
*A great weekend at Meadow Heights - the essence of Christianity in a message about the always amazing Jesus and another afternoon/evening of great discussion in CLASS
*A quick trip to the city on Monday - lots of food, a bit of shopping, more food, and finally, a stop at the best custard place in this part of Missouri - Lix
*Preparing to help my wife this week - it's the big garage sale weekend!
*Also preparing for Volunteer Celebration this weekend
*Packing for a quick trip to Chicago, leaving this Sunday afternoon

Always much to do, so little time to do it in, and never enough accomplished. On the bright side, I am making progress on my office (after nearly two years!!) and it should start coming together by the week's end if everything arrives. I'll shoot out some pics soon.

I'll put out a challenge as I have with some of my teams over the weekend - take a moment and build into someone this week. It might be a quick conversation, an email, or even a phone call, but find someone that is making a difference and let them know what they're doing is important. Sometimes we forget that a simple affirmation can make all the difference in the world. I think you'll find that you'll be the recipient just as much as the person you're talking with. Until next time!

No comments: