Monday, June 12, 2006

Super Heroes!


We had a great weekend honoring our volunteers. Our theme this year centered around "Superheroes" and our new ministry opportunities guide looked like a comic book. Joe did a phenomenal (there! I said it!) job of design work, and we tied it all together with "Super Hero" shirts, red and blue "super hero fabric," and some great looking red "fabrigo" chairs from Ikea!

It was great to hear some stories from our different ministry areas, and a chance to raise the value of serving. It was also a great reminder for me - we have hundreds (and I do mean hundreds!) of volunteers that serve on a weekly basis, most of them behind the scenes. And what I love the most about our volunteers is that we are all on the same page, the same mission, the same vision. I would bet that you won't find many churches who would say that everyone is moving in the same direction in terms of mission and vision. I'm so thankful that we're all on board to serve God through our ministry at MH!

No comments: