Friday, August 19, 2005

So Shoot Me

I know that I said I was going to use this blog as a means to store my "buckets," but I have noticed lately that it has become more personally expository than I originally intended. My thought is this - SO SHOOT ME!!

It is hard for me to separate my personal thoughts, happenings, circumstances from what I hope might turn into profoundly spiritual thoughts or ideas. With that said, some of you that might eventually read this blog and provide commentary will just have to deal with my personal interjections and stories.

I have decided to put this link out to a few of my close compadres for some feedback. I welcome, perhaps even beg, for other thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc. Anything to spark some discussion, debate, or perhaps a new level of understanding about life and all the confusion that surrounds it. I am constantly amazed that life can be so complicated, but in the next moment, so utterly simple. Life can be intellectual, but the next moment turn into an emotional train wreck (I have some thoughts on this that I might share in the upcoming weeks). One thing is for certain: I don't want to miss out on what life has to offer.

So my prayer is this: God...open up our minds, our hearts, and our souls. Let all of us breathe in your presence and discover the beauty of this life. Despite the seemingly frail nature of our existence, may we love as you have intended, and live for your love in return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure that is the best title: I once had a parent complaining because I said, "if you can't play this phrase the way it should be played, YOU WILL BE SHOT AT SUNRISE". Well.....I was called to the principal's office the next day because I was preaching violence in the classroom!!!!! All in the interpretation.....????