Saturday, June 24, 2006

Why People Blog

Mark Batterson, lead pastor of National Community Church, has some great insights on his blog. I am constantly intrigued about his perspectives on life, church, religion, Jesus, and so much more.

In one of his latest posts, he shares his top 10 reasons why he blogs. I thought I would share those here:

#10 Blogging is a form of digital discipleship. Neo-scrolls.
#9 Blogging is the way I share what is happening in my head and my heart.
#8 Blogging is cathartic. It helps me process what I'm thinking and feeling.
#7 Blogging is the way I leave a trail. My kids and grandkids can read it someday.
#6 Blogging is a sermon supplement. Actually, sermons might be a blogging supplment.
#5 Blogging is a way to carry on a conversation with lots of people at the same time.
#4 Blogging is a form of auto-biography.
#3 Blogging is one way of capturing the things God is revealing to me.
#2 Blogging helps me remember what God doesn't want me to forget.
#1 Blogging is a stewardship issue. It's one way I share what God is teaching me.


For those of you who blog, how many apply to you? Of course many of these are slanted towards a "church" perspective, but you get the idea. I love his final thoughts:

I don't think blogging is for everybody. It has to fit your personality and the rhythm of your life. But I think it is one way of redeeming technology and using it to serve God's purpsoes. It is the printing press of the 21st century.

You can read more about this post and many others here.

No comments: