Sunday, August 05, 2007

From Good to Great

My wife and I ate at a nearby "Huddle House" after my gig the other night. If you've ever eaten at a Huddle House, you know that at 11pm it becomes the cultural hub of any community. Even at that late hour, we had one of THE BEST waitresses I have ever had at any restaurant (and I like to eat!). Here's what I learned from my experience there:


Good Customer Service vs. Great Customer Service


GOOD
"Hi. I'll be right with you."

GREAT
"Welcome to Huddle House. I'm so sorry I couldn't take your order right away."

GOOD
Stopping by to ask if you want more to drink.

GREAT
Bringing another glass of your beverage BEFORE you've run out of your current one.

GOOD
Checking to see if you need anything else.

GREAT
Checking to see if you need anything else, checking to see how your food is cooked, apologizing again for the delay in serving the food.

GOOD
Bringing your check to the table.

GREAT
Bringing your check to the table as well as several to go cups "just in case" you wanted to take your drinks with you. And then pouring them in the glass for you.

GOOD
Thanks and come back.

GREAT
Thank you SIR and we hope to see you back at Huddle House again. Have a great night.

No comments: