Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Best Is Yet To Come

I'm sitting here unwinding on the couch typing this entry. It's been a long weekend but I can't sleep. I think my body is in the "over-tired" mode where you're so tired that you can't sleep.

I had the opportunity to teach at our five gatherings this weekend (not to mention our CLASS night!), and as always, God works in incredible ways. It usually feels like God has taken me on an incredible journey, and while He might be impacting others, I come away feeling like He's given me so much more than I've given Him or anyone else. It's really hard to explain unless you've gone through that experience. It is both an awesome and humbling experience all at the same time. I learned so much today about the importance of miracles - it's been a recurring theme of our series - not the importance of the miracle itself, but having faith that God can do the miracle if He chooses. The REAL miracle, regardless of the outcome, is how our lives are changed as a result of our faith.

So as I prepare to drag myself into bed, I am thankful that God has given us the promise that despite our difficult circumstances, or the crisis in our life, or our unmet expectations, He is always working and that His best is yet to come.
Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. So if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it.
1 Peter 4:12-13, 19 (MsgB)

No comments: