Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Wild and Crazy Guy!

This guy is absolutely crazy - but in a good way. Steven Furtick is the lead pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina, and he tells it like it is in this recent post. I'm not sure that I exactly agree with HOW he says things, but I agree with WHAT he's saying. My favorite quotes?

If you’ve been attending Elevation for a while, and are a Christian who is already going to heaven, and are treating our church like American Idol, waiting to decide whether you will vote us in for another week based on whether you like the show this Sunday, please find somewhere else to take up space.

We need your seat.

Otherwise, roll up your sleeves, invite your unchurched friends, plug in as a volunteer, give financially, pray for God’s continued favor, and let’s rock this city.
This guy has some really great things to say. I encourage you to check out his blog, but be warned...religious people just might be offended at what he has to say!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing another great blog.. It will only take me 5 hours to read them all now...