Monday, April 23, 2007

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow!

Beauty School Dropout?

It was an interesting morning around the Goldsmith house today. I think every family goes through the "cut my own hair" child syndrome. Our family has been no exception. Kayla cut her hair when she was little, but fortunately just the front part of her bangs. I don't recall if Seth every cut his hair - boys don't get into that as much.

And then today...I was cleaning the house up a bit when Emilee popped downstairs and peeked around the corner. I knew right then that something was up. She was supposed to be playing in her room - yeah right. I didn't realize anything was wrong until I went into her bedroom and found piles of hair. I quickly whirled her around and to my shock and horror, Emilee had cut the very back of her hair. Not just a little trim, but the whole middle section was cut all the way up to the center of her head! I have no idea how she cut only the back side, but she must have some power over the small set of scissors she used for the deed.

Thankfully Mary Jo, a good friend of ours, is a beautician and she opened up her shop on her day off and came to our rescue. A HUGE thanks to Mary Jo - you are our hero!!

Of course after all was said and done, it's kind of a funny story. But don't tell Emilee that. We're still holding it over her head (pun intended!) for a little while. Enjoy the pics!


No comments: