If you don't have someone you can sit down with and just be yourself, DON'T WAIT A SECOND LONGER!! It's incredibly imperative to have at least one or two people that you can count on, have conversations with, let them in on the challenges in your life, and for them to speak truth into your life. Nothing can take the place of this!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Start a list on paper of people you think you might have a connection with - always make sure they are of the same sex as you!
- Schedule a breakfast or lunch with them - don't engage in anything other than "normal" conversation.
- Make notes on your list of those people you felt a "connection" with - only mark those who you feel could be a potential match.
- Narrow the list to no more than five people - two to three is preferable.
- Begin to invest more time in the relationship - don't be afraid to ask them to hold you accountable for certain things, to give honest feedback and to engage in deeper conversations
If you can develop a few of these relationships I promise that it will be worth the time and effort. It could potentially save your life, your marriage, your job and much more.
Who will you put on your list?