Sunday, February 04, 2007

A LONG Weekend

It was a great weekend - but a LONG one. We launched our fifth gathering @ Meadow Heights Church this weekend (you can now worship at 5:30 and 7:15pm on Saturday or 8:00, 9:30 or 11:15am on Sunday) which was new territory for us. We had a great response, with nearly 200 people joining us in our auditorium on Saturday alone. PLUS over 60 of our students and their leaders were away at the Clarity Conference in Nashville! Sunday also filled up, and I fully expect we will break the 700 mark very soon and never look back.

It was also my first time to teach on a five gathering weekend. It really wasn't that much different than teaching four times, but your mind does start to wander a bit by the last time through the message. Overall though, I was digging every second - I HAD A BLAST!!

And finally, it's official. My daughter is now in Orlando, Florida! She will arrive at Disney World tomorrow for her official "check in" and assignments (apartment, job, etc.). I know she is excited, but I could also tell today that she was a bit nervous on the inside. She is so much like me that it scares me sometimes. She keeps her emotions so close to her - always afraid to let people know how she's feeling. The same goes for me, although God is really challenging me in that area. I'm just not sure how to really open up yet.

It was a very tough goodbye for some reason this time. We had already gone through the "mourning" stage when she left for college, but having her home for an extra month or so this time only added to the sadness when we said our goodbyes. My wife Melissa held it together very well, but by the time we got back to the car, the entire family was in tears. I know this is an incredible opportunity for our daughter, but it is always hard to say goodbye.

I will close (with a very tired brain!) tonight by giving God thanks for helping us overcome this storm in our life. It has been a very tense and draining week for many reasons, but God is always faithful, He is always with us, and He will always help us through our storms. I thank Him from the bottom of my heart - my family would never have made it without our faith in Him. Here's to the next storm!

No comments: