If you're like me, you probably struggle at times with your productivity. This might be something at work or at home, but most of us have challenges in this area. Here's a great article on "50 Ways To Increase Your Productivity." There's not many new principles, but some great reminders about how we've become lethargic in some areas.
Here are a few of my personal challenges:
3. Eliminate all distractions. This includes the phone, email notifications, and having multiple web browsers open on the desktop.
6. Complete your most dreaded tasks first thing in the morning. Whichever activity you are dreading the most is probably the one you need to complete first thing in the morning.
8. Just start. Often times, starting is the hardest part. Once you get going, you will quickly get into a rhythm that could last for hours.
27. Tell other people about your goals and you will instantly be held accountable.
28. Learn to say “No”. We can’t do everything and therefore we must learn when to say no in order to save our sanity.
29. Go on an information diet. Most of the world lives on information overload. We must eliminate mindless Internet surfing. Stop reading three different newspapers a day and checking your RSS feeds multiple times a day. Otherwise, you’ll never get anything done. The key is to limit yourself only to information that you can immediately take action on.
35. Don’t multitask. Research has shown that multitasking is not productive. For optimum productivity, focus on one thing at a time.
In what areas do you struggle?