Monday, September 10, 2007

I Have Difficulty (Part 4 of 4)

I have difficulty with perfectionism. It creeps up in some crazy ways sometimes and often without warning. I used to struggle with this continuously, but God has really helped me in this area.

Here are some ways I battled perfectionism:
  • Making everything a contest - my project, idea or way had to be the best; I was always competing with something or someone
  • Not trusting others to do work I should have handed off to them in the first place
  • Always thinking that I can do it better and faster then anyone else
  • Wanting everything to be 100% - even if I sacrificed God, my wife, my family or myself to get it done
Ultimately it comes down to a pride issue. Will I continue to do it my way or God's way? How have you struggled with perfectionism?

No comments: