Saturday, October 21, 2006

Top 10 - Blogs I Visit Almost Daily

I thought I would camp out on some Top 10 categories for the next week or so. A quick reminder that Top 10 lists are intended for discussion, mindless fodder, or complete disregard. There's my disclaimer and I'm stickin' to it. If you don't agree with my Top 10 then post a comment, email me or make your own Top 10. It's just my opinion...for whatever that's worth!

Today's Top 10: Blogs I visit almost daily. I love reading blogs. I've try to keep my "blog roll" down to the bare minimum, but it's getting pretty crowded. I know several folks who use RSS feeds to keep up with daily posts. I haven't gone there yet, but I know that day is quickly approaching. But for now, I'll continue to poke around and click on each blog during my "blog hunt o' the day."

So, without further ado, Top 10 Blogs I visit almost daily (in no particular order):
  1. The Howser House. The personal blog of my friend, colleague, and fellow traveler, John describes daily life and all of his experiences in life. Life is good, right?
  2. Tony Morgan. One of the "Simply Strategic Guys" and also a very funny man. His takes on life and how God interacts with us are quite interesting and always entertaining.
  3. Evotional. Mark Batterson of National Community Church in D.C. has one of my favorite blogs. He is incredibly insightful, extremely funny, and down to earth. Plus, he's sending me a free copy of his newest book, "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day."
  4. Steve Emlund. One of my former students, Steve is studying graphic design at Truman in Kirksville. Steve is one of the most creative guys I know, and while he doesn't update his blog nearly as often as he should, his posts are well worth the read. He also posts samples of his work.
  5. Dave Ferguson. I first met Dave at a multi-site conference his church (Community Christian Church) hosted. Dave is one of those guys who is immediately likeable. I enjoy reading his blog for the practical insights and helpful tips he provides.
  6. Eric's Eddyfications. The blog of Eric Bramlett, the Creative Arts Director at Community Christian. I met Eric at the multi-site conference as well, and his blog has some wonderfully creative ideas. His videos are very...hmmm...entertaining? Bring on the Seuss!
  7. Seth's Blog. Seth Godin is a marketing guru. His concepts for business are many times a perfect fit for the church. This guy is incredibly intelligent - a must for anyone in business or involved at church!
  8. Digg. Man, I love this site!! As a techno-geek, Digg has links to just about every story on the web. Readers "digg" various stories which are tallied to let the reader know how "good" the story might be. It's really like hundreds of personal reporters giving you the "lowdown" before you invest a lot of time on your own. A highly recommended blog.
  9. Perry Noble. I have just started reading Perry's blog the past month or so and I haven't been disappointed. This guy tells it like it is and I love it! Perry's church, NewSpring Church has exploded with growth and changed lives. His blog details his adventure.
  10. Bucketology. I couldn't post without visiting this site daily, right? This blog has been a great way for me to bleed my brain, pour out my emotions, or simply type out some meaningless stuff. For my few readers, thanks for coming along for the ride!
So there you have it. My Top 10 Blogs I visit almost daily. There are many others who are worthy of consideration, but many of you guys don't update consistently - you know who you are! I would love to know some other blogs that you guys visit almost daily. Please add to this list in the comment section as you see fit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need some love. :)
Check my blog daily.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Dave Ferguson and Eric's Eddyfications... I try never to miss them.. plus I am lucky enough to see and hear the results of their work weekly!