Monday, October 30, 2006

The Universe Is Spinning

It's been a crazy past three days. I'm not quite sure where it all went, but I do know that much emotion, effort and determination played a key role. Here's a summation of what's been happening:
  • Funeral - the sudden death of one of my former students (and my daughter's classmate - the third from their graduating class!) was a definite shock to our community. A good kid with a big heart. Kevin, we'll miss ya!
  • Carninals Win! - the Cardinals celebrated their World Series Victory in fine fashion on Friday night. I must admit, I liked the Tigers and their scrappy spirit!
  • Youth Hunt - a good friend of ours took my son deer hunting on Saturday morning, and yep, Seth shot his first deer ever. I'll post a pic later.
  • Wedding - another former student of mine asked me to play saxophone in her wedding. It was a beautiful event and I know she will be very happy!
  • Weekend Gatherings - we had some huge crowds this weekend - the box score will reveal the final details, but I would imagine we'll break the 600 mark again this weekend. God is definitely on the move!
  • CLASS Night - we had well over 100 people attend our CLASS night. I will be shocked if we don't break our past attendance record. We also implemented CLASS 401 for the first time and revealed part of our MPACT plan.
There is so much more spinning around in my head right now, but that will have to be processed later. But now, I will be enjoying some time off with my wife and daughter!

No comments: