Tuesday, November 21, 2006

One Word - "PHENOMENAL!"

This past weekend will probably rank as the top weekend I have ever experienced during my short tenure at Meadow Heights Church. God was at work in so many ways, I'm not sure how to express the vibe from the weekend. Let me start by giving a recap:
  • 680 people in attendance (up 41% from the same weekend last year)
  • Nearly 40 guests, most of whom were first timers
  • 17 Baptisms - 4 of which were totally spontaneous, including the salvation of an agnostic man
  • Our new "portable" baptistery - the first "multi-site" purchase IN ACTION!
  • 9 Videos - 8 baptism videos and the MPACT Day Highlight Video
Then we turned around and headed over to the banquet at the high school gymnasium - WOW! What a great event!! We sold out this year's event (500 tickets!) and had some incredible food, a jazz combo from MAC, 3 "fun" videos, and one video/song package (complete with highlights from all the baptisms the weekend) that totally rocked (and directed by God!). We closed out the evening with "Came to My Rescue" led by Jeremiah. This song speaks volumes - to ALL of us, and was truly a perfect cap to the weekend.

All in all it was a PHENOMENAL weekend. What's NEXT? I don't know, but what I do know is that the answer is YES!

No comments: