Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Burnout Bug


I think every leader has been hit by the "burnout bug" at least once - that phase of life when everything is overwhelming, nothing seems to be going as planned, creativity has stalled, and forward progress seems like a trite phrase rather than a philosophy.

It seems no one has wanted to own up to it, let alone talk about it.

There's a new book coming out by Anne Jackson entitled "Mad Church Disease (thanks to Terry for the link)." I love the title - it's creative, descriptive and definitely has the "buzz" factor. But Anne needs our help. If you are a ministry leader, a family member of a ministry leader, or a volunteer, Anne is asking all of us to take this survey. I completed the survey in less than five minutes.

I can't wait to see the results. I know others struggle with this and just maybe this book will help us all engage in a long overdue conversation.

No comments: