Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Patti's, Pork, and Pie

After a few hours on the road, we decided to pull off at a rest stop for a couple of hours of shut-eye. About 4am we started on the road again. Things went fine until we hit Atlanta. Road Construction. YUCK! We moved less than a mile in an hour! We took the next exit and had a bite to eat before finally finding an alternate route north.

Since the stroller jacking, tire blow out, leaving late and the construction, we decided to stop at Patti's Settlement for dinner. If you haven't been to Patti's, I would HIGHLY recommend it!! It's located in Grand Rivers, Kentucky right off Interstate 24. The food is delicious and the desserts are incredible. Here's a shot of my food - their infamous 2" pork chop (and yes, it tasted just as good as it looked!):

I had the chess sinker for dessert (Melissa had the Coconut Cake) and then we were back on the road. After nearly 24 hours on the road, we finally arrived home at 10pm Tuesday night.

Today we unpacked a bit, caught up on email, took a nap and basically "vegged" out all day. Both Melissa and I felt out of sorts today - lack of sleep, structure and trying to get past the "vacation hangover." I'm sure tomorrow will be more productive (I hope)!!

So that's it for the 2007 Walt Disney World trip - I hope you enjoyed a week in the life of the Goldsmith family!

No comments: