Thursday, June 21, 2007

Here and Now

Nearly 100 students will be returning home from camp tomorrow. I love what Bryan asked all of us to pray - that our kids would come home safe, but dangerous. I can't wait to see how "dangerous" my fourteen year old has become!

Don't miss this weekend!! Jeremiah will be sharing about his experience at camp, and we'll also hear from a couple of volunteers and a student or two. We're continuing the theme from camp called "Here and Now." Sometimes I find myself in the "there and later" camp. There's always tomorrow. That's an easy way of saying, "God...I've got it all under control. I'll just do what I want to do, when I want to do it."

We've been praying that our kids will get dangerous, but what about the rest of us? It's easy to pray for our kids, but it's another thing altogether to get dangerous ourselves. It's difficult to obey God in the here and now. It's easy to put things off until tomorrow. It's difficult to follow Jesus.

What "camp" do you find yourself in today? "There and Later" or "Here and Now?" One is safe, the other is dangerous. The choice is yours.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I so want to be dangerous. I just have to realize that being dangerous merely means being ready to do whatever God wants me to and not merely doing what I want to for God. If I can do that, then I will be dangerous.